What is Microblading?
Microblading is a semi-permanent treatment, where through manual process of inserting pigment into the upper layers of skin (epidermis) the procedure involves hundreds of tiny strokes that build a texture that looks like your own eyebrow hair, using feather like strokes, we create the desired fullness and shape of the bespoke eyebrows, using the golden ratio technique.
What is the difference between a top up and a Microblading correction?
A top up is when the therapist just goes over the existing shape & you have the same or similar colour.
Microblading correction is a procedure, where the therapist has to cover or change the existing healed brow, which has changed in shape, colour, (silvery, purple or blue tint) it involves a lot longer than a regular top up & cannot always be salvaged.
- starting from £300 – £375
- starting from £150 (1 session)
What to expect at your first initial appointment?
For the first Microblading session, the entire procedure should take about 2/3 hours, during this time, the client must fill in a consultation form, then the anaesthesia is applied on the area (30mins) the therapist will map out the desired shape and then follow with pigment colour selection. Once the client is satisfied with the choices, we begin the procedure.
How long does Microblading last?
Microblading works in a similar way to a regular tattoo treatment, but it doesn’t go anywhere near as deep into the skin, meaning that the effects do fade away after some time, microblading can last anywhere between 1-3 years depending on skin type & lifestyle. You should also be aware that there are 1 in 100 clients that are NOT compatible to Microblading (meaning the client skin will not retain the ink).
What precautions must be taken prior treatment?
- Prior to your treatment you must pass both the medical & patch test, the patch test involves a sharp scratch behind your ear, with the ink & must be left on for 24 hours
- NO alcohol, drugs, smoking or caffeine must be consumed prior treatment (24 hours before)
- Avoid sun beds & tanning one week prior to procedure
- Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Advil/Ibuprofen 24 hours before treatment
To help maintain the ink, the following steps must be taken:
- Avoid getting the area wet for up to 2 weeks, which includes keeping your face dry during a shower
- Don’t wear makeup for at least a week. This is because the pigments are still settling in to the shallow cuts in your skin caused by the blading
- Don’t pick at scabs, tug, or itch the eyebrow area
- Avoid saunas, swimming, and excessive sweating until the area is completely healed and you have a follow-up appointment
- Keep your hair away from your brow line
- Apply any medicated cream or healing balm provided by your technician as directed
- A top up is included in the price of your Microblading treatment, which is 4 weeks later
- The same rules apply with the top up, just as they do for the initial first procedure
- Aftercare package, is optional, as it helps retain the ink (Vitamin A & E) will last for the first and 2nd session after it
- Do not book any holidays, or sun bathe for at least 2 months, after treatment